Thursday, January 7, 2010

With the "best of intentions"...

U.S. Evangelicals’ Role Seen in Uganda Anti-Gay Push
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/24012/u-s-evangelicals%E2%80%99-role-seen-in-uganda-anti-gay-push?utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NewsWithConscience+%28News+with+Conscience%29

This article shows that it's not enough to have good intentions, we need to have a very clear notion of the consequences of a our actions. Naively these americans spread their erroneous and prejudiced opinions about homosexuality based on their religious belief, and now they have started a fire they can't put out.

They may become responsible, even if inidrectly, for the deaths of homosexuals in Uganda, simply because they weren't able to evaluate what influence their "information" would have on the backwarded and superstitious mentality of those people.

As they say, "of good intentions...

... hell is full."

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking this, too, when I heard about what is happening in Uganda. It is just sickening. A Christian on the internet was telling me just yesterday that they reason they won't accept homosexuality is because it is harmful to the person...why? Because the Bible says so. It is frustrating when people decide life requires no more thinking than, "What does the Bible say about it?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't believe that...Actually, I can.

    I used to be upset back in my Central American country, when American losers that I met were treated by others with reverence. (Notice that I'm not saying all Americans are losers, just a few that I met.)

    ReplyDelete