Monday, January 4, 2010

Decisive influence of my father

My father was very adamant about things when he was younger, and I ended up rebelling against him, because I needed an emotional support that he was unable to give me. But he softened a lot with time, and understood that confrontation, especially with people who are close to you, only push them away. When he knew I was involved with astrology, he didn't reproach me or anything, just made clear that he didn't believe it.
I was quite surprised when asked me to make his horoscope. He told me that, although he didn't believe in astrology, he thought I could be a good astrologer. He said: "I'd like to hear what would come through a "filter" like you".
That was one of the factors that led me to understand that it was ME who did everything, my intuition, empathy and knowledge about human nature enabled me to say things to people that were useful to them.
And it also made me understand that I could do all that, and probably much better, WITHOUT astrology.

No comments:

Post a Comment