Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My mother, the major rebel.


My mother taught me that we don't have to accept conventions, we should always ask why, If there isn't a good reason to keep them we can very well discard them. I remember her always telling us that homossexuals, for instance, should be accepted as they are. And I remember her saying to somebody that there was nothing wrong with unmarried couples sleeping together, that wasn't a "sin". The only thing that was wrong was doing harm to other people.
When she read stories to us at bedtime, it was fascinating, because she was into amateur theater, so she made different voices for different characters and enacted the story in such a way that you felt you were seeing it all happening.
Even now when I'm reading I "dive" into the book in such a way that I sometimes wonder if I read the book or saw the film.
One thing is for sure, 99% of the time the book is infinitely better than the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment