Sunday, January 3, 2010

The search that took me 20 years

As I grew up in an atheist family I always considered atheism as something very natural, I never studied or thought much about the matter. You could say I didn't really have a solid basis in terms of knowledge and opinions.
That's why, at the age of 21, I started to question whether there wasn't really something. It's funny to think that I walked the oppostite path of most atheists, and I don't dismiss the possibility that I did this as an act of rebellion against my father.

Eveidently the anthropomorphic cristian god was out of question, I gave up on this one when I was 8, but I started to study Rosicrucianism with my husband, which presented the concept god=energy. That was an idea I could accept, and I started a long search because of that. In a short time we abandoned Rosicrucianism because we noticed that the teachings came so slowly and it was a considerably commercial organization, trying to sell necklaces and incense, etc. After that we had one of those "Mental Power" courses, and then I took a look at Gnosis and that kind of stuff.

But what really caught me was astrology. I studied it a lot, I bought a lot of books, I learned how to make horoscopes and I really believed in what I did; this is important ot understand, not all astrologers are charlatans. It is also very important to analyze why astrolgy seems to work. But that's a matter for the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment